About the Literacy Hub
The Literacy Hub is all about helping young students to develop their skills and knowledge to become confident, creative and enthusiastic learners. Learning to read is an exciting step in their literacy journey. The Hub supports school leaders, teachers and families to engage in effective literacy practices. Schools and families play key roles in helping children achieve this milestone of learning to read.
The Hub focuses on
- explicit teaching practices for reading development in the early years within a rich and broad literacy program
- high-quality evidence-based research to identify the many elements of early years reading instruction
- targeted curriculum content for planning and access to quality classroom resources
- scaffolded approaches to strengthen classroom instruction and build literacy success
- a check on phonics progress and phonics instruction guidance
- literacy for families including information on phonics, literacy development, how schools teach literacy and fun activities to do at home.